Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Yankton County

  •   State: 
    South Dakota
      County: 
    Yankton County
      Zips: 
    57040
    57067
    57072
    57046
    57031
    57037
    57078
      Coordinates: 
    43.00896570448713, -97.39476492703884
      Area total: 
    532.26 sq. mi., 1378.55 sq. km, 340647.04 acres
      Area land: 
    521.19 sq. mi., 1349.87 sq. km, 333560.96 acres
      Area water: 
    11.07 sq. mi., 28.68 sq. km, 7086.08 acres
      Established: 
    1862
      Capital seat: 

    Yankton
    Address: 321 West 3rd Street
    County Courthouse
    Yankton, SD
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Yankton County, South Dakota, United States

  •   Population: 
    23,310; Population change: 3.89% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    45 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $44,131
      Households: 
    8,212
      Unemployment rate: 
    4.60% per 11,761 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      GDP: 
    $1.12 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Yankton County's population of South Dakota of 16,589 residents in 1930 has increased 1,41-fold to 23,310 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 48.46% female residents and 51.54% male residents live in as of 2020, 61.81% in Yankton County, South Dakota are married and the remaining 38.19% are single population.

    As of 2020, 61.81% in Yankton County, South Dakota are married and the remaining 38.19% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    10,372 residential units of which 90.97% share occupied residential units.

    16.3 minutes is the average time that residents in Yankton County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    80.95% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 8.80% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.24% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 5.16% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Yankton County, South Dakota 62.39% are owner-occupied homes, another 26.63% are rented apartments, and the remaining 10.98% are vacant.

  • The 66.39% of the population in Yankton County, South Dakota who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 49.720%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 47.740%) of those eligible to vote in Yankton County, South Dakota.

Skyline of Yankton County

In 51 U.S. states are published

4397 Companies
848 Counties
1904 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Cavanaugh Group Inc

100 W Pennsylvania Ave # 304, Towson, MD 21204

Nsb Services Inc

1105 N Market St # 2, Wilmington, DE 19801

Fox Financial Consultants Inc

6304 E 75th St, Tulsa, OK 74136

IFC Asset Management Company

2121 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20433

Alia Wealth Partners LLC

7475 McVay Station Court Suite 107, Germantown, TN 38138

Other Companies

Renee Olson - Thrivent

2310 Crossroads Dr Suite 2400, Madison, WI 53718

Biggins Wealth Services

700 Everhart Rd Ste C1, Corpus Christi, TX 78411

TSW Wealth Management

205 Newbury St Suite 201, Framingham, MA 01701

Walters Bruce Financial Services

1501 N Charlotte Ave, Monroe, NC 28110

Legg Mason

2100 3rd Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35203

Landscape of South Dakota