Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Walworth County

  •   State: 
    South Dakota
      County: 
    Walworth County
      Zips: 
    57420
    57452
    57631
    57472
    57601
      Coordinates: 
    45.42994769309718, -100.03155450731082
      Area total: 
    744.63 sq. mi., 1928.59 sq. km, 476565.12 acres
      Area land: 
    708.64 sq. mi., 1835.37 sq. km, 453530.88 acres
      Area water: 
    35.99 sq. mi., 93.22 sq. km, 23034.24 acres
      Established: 
    1873
      Capital seat: 

    Selby
    Address: PO BOX 199
    County Courthouse
    Selby, SD 57472-0199
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Walworth County, South Dakota, United States

  •   Population: 
    5,315; Population change: -2.26% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    7.50 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $33,578
      Households: 
    2,200
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.10% per 2,132 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      GDP: 
    $218.81 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Walworth County's population of South Dakota of 8,791 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,6-fold to 5,315 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.18% female residents and 48.82% male residents live in as of 2020, 58.84% in Walworth County, South Dakota are married and the remaining 41.16% are single population.

    As of 2020, 58.84% in Walworth County, South Dakota are married and the remaining 41.16% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    2,927 residential units of which 77.59% share occupied residential units.

    14 minutes is the average time that residents in Walworth County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    76.42% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 6.59% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.65% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 7.46% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Walworth County, South Dakota 51.79% are owner-occupied homes, another 20.45% are rented apartments, and the remaining 27.75% are vacant.

  • The 78.44% of the population in Walworth County, South Dakota who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 62.940%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 34.830%) of those eligible to vote in Walworth County, South Dakota.

Skyline of Walworth County

In 51 U.S. states are published

4397 Companies
848 Counties
1904 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Cavanaugh Group Inc

100 W Pennsylvania Ave # 304, Towson, MD 21204

Nsb Services Inc

1105 N Market St # 2, Wilmington, DE 19801

Fox Financial Consultants Inc

6304 E 75th St, Tulsa, OK 74136

IFC Asset Management Company

2121 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20433

Alia Wealth Partners LLC

7475 McVay Station Court Suite 107, Germantown, TN 38138

Other Companies

Meridian Wealth Management

4430 Arapahoe Ave # 200, Boulder, CO 80303

Eric Jacobs - Ameriprise Financial Services LLC

7600 Grand River Ave STE 230, Brighton, MI 48114

Racetrack Finance Co

375 Sunland Park Dr, El Paso, TX 79902

Endurance Planning Group - Ameriprise Financial Services LLC

2859 Paces Ferry Rd SE Ste 1160, Atlanta, GA 30339

Financial Network

1206 S Broadway St, Pittsburg, KS 66762

Landscape of South Dakota