Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Brookings County

  •   State: 
    South Dakota
      County: 
    Brookings County
      Zips: 
    57061
    57007
    57220
    57002
    57276
    57026
    57071
    57006
      Coordinates: 
    44.369679547391385, -96.79042104934334
      Area total: 
    804.94 sq. mi., 2084.78 sq. km, 515159.04 acres
      Area land: 
    792.23 sq. mi., 2051.86 sq. km, 507024.64 acres
      Area water: 
    12.71 sq. mi., 32.92 sq. km, 8134.40 acres
      Established: 
    1892
      Capital seat: 

    Brookings
    Address: 520 3rd Street, Suite 210
    Brookings, SD
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Brookings County, South Dakota, United States

  •   Population: 
    34,375; Population change: 7.54% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    43 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $46,348
      Households: 
    11,307
      Unemployment rate: 
    4.40% per 18,480 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      GDP: 
    $2.14 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Brookings County's population of South Dakota of 16,847 residents in 1930 has increased 2,04-fold to 34,375 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 48.85% female residents and 51.15% male residents live in as of 2020, 50.41% in Brookings County, South Dakota are married and the remaining 49.59% are single population.

    As of 2020, 50.41% in Brookings County, South Dakota are married and the remaining 49.59% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    14,849 residential units of which 88.36% share occupied residential units.

    15.6 minutes is the average time that residents in Brookings County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    76.64% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.42% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.24% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 5.00% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Brookings County, South Dakota 52.07% are owner-occupied homes, another 37.09% are rented apartments, and the remaining 10.84% are vacant.

  • The 58.18% of the population in Brookings County, South Dakota who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 46.120%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 51.680%) of those eligible to vote in Brookings County, South Dakota.

Skyline of Brookings County

In 51 U.S. states are published

4397 Companies
848 Counties
1904 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Cavanaugh Group Inc

100 W Pennsylvania Ave # 304, Towson, MD 21204

Nsb Services Inc

1105 N Market St # 2, Wilmington, DE 19801

Fox Financial Consultants Inc

6304 E 75th St, Tulsa, OK 74136

IFC Asset Management Company

2121 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20433

Alia Wealth Partners LLC

7475 McVay Station Court Suite 107, Germantown, TN 38138

Other Companies

Berner Financial Services

124 Main St Suite 9B, New Paltz, NY 12561

Capitol Adventure Co

245 22nd St SE, Salem, OR 97301

Infonxx Capital Management Inc

103 Foulk Rd, Wilmington, DE 19803

Lehrman & Co

1 Fawcett Pl # 6, Greenwich, CT 06830

Scouler Andrews

225 W Wacker Dr STE 1550, Chicago, IL 60606

Landscape of South Dakota